We are a veterinary clinic which sees all species of small companion animals, whether they have fur, feathers, or scales! We have radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, and a surgery suite on site, as well as our in-clinic pharmacy. Boarding services are provided to our clients with all non-canine small animals.
Please call us with any questions you may have, we look forward to meeting you and your pets!
Because of the shorter lifespan of our pets, we stress the importance of an annual physical examination. Thorough check-ups and preventive care can help alleviate serious health problems. We offer the following veterinary services:
- Pain Control and Assessment: Our patients are regularly assessed for pain and discomfort on in-patient or out-patient basis. We stock and employ species-appropriate pain control medication and treatments.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services: Our hospital is equipped to provide diagnostic and therapeutic services to care for your pets’ complete health care needs.
- Surgical Services: Our surgical suite provides for the performance of a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Endoscopy Services: Rigid endoscopy is available. We monitor and record the procedures so that you may see them later.
- Ultrasound: On-site ultrasonography is available for all species.
- Anesthesia: We utilize specific, customised anaesthesia protocols for each of our individual patients. All of our patients’ vital signs monitored by a veterinary technician during all anesthetic procedures.
- Radiology Services: Our on-site, digital X-ray equipment provides radiographs to aid in the diagnosis of many disorders.
- Electrocardiograph Services: We provide ECG services on-site as well as through consultations with cardiology specialists.
- Laboratory: We utilize commercial veterinary laboratories for specialised diagnostics and consultations.
- Pharmacy: We maintain an extensive inventory of pharmaceuticals, vitamins, shampoos and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of your pet.
- Dentistry: Our dental services include teeth cleaning and polishing, tooth extractions and oral surgery.
- Flea Control Programs: We implement programs for the specific needs of your pets and your own particular environmental situation. We will review with you the best ways to control fleas in your house, in your yard and on your pets.
- Dietary Counseling: We will provide guidance regarding your pet’s nutritional needs for each life stage, including dietary requirements for growth, weight maintenance and performance.
- Behavioral Counseling: We can provide advice regarding the correction of problems such as excessive barking, chewing, spraying, scratching, digging, house soiling and aggression. Bird owners may be assured that we have a special focus on avian behaviour. Staff counseling is available for avian behaviour concerns.
- Boarding: We provide pet boarding as a service to our clients. All boarders receive personal attention from our staff. Pets may be dropped off and picked up during regular business hours Monday through Saturday.
- Emergency Care: We can provide emergency care during regular business hours. Please call our main telephone number for instructions for after-hour emergencies.
Remember the handsome fella we found a couple weeks ago? Well, it’s official. He’s up for adoption!
Frankie is around 8 months old. He has been neutered and has a clean bill of health. He is very friendly and seems to have no fear at all. He’s got lots of energy but does love a good snuggle, once he’s played himself out. If you, or someone you know is looking for a ball of crazy fun, let us know. We’d be happy to arrange a visit.
Chloe came to us for a checkup after her dental cleaning last week. Amazingly, no significant disease was found under her gumline when dental x rays were done,which meant that she did not need any tooth extractions!
This is actually very uncommon; most dogs who come to us at around 10 years of age like Chloe have significant tooth disease. Her amazing owners are now starting to brush her teeth daily to keep them pearly white. We are constantly learning more and more about dental disease. Back in March many of us went to a dental conference by a veterinary dental specialist; he taught us how to spot dental disease early, so that we can keep teeth healthy right from the start. Hopefully, with yearly dental checkups and cleanings, we can keep Chloe with a full set of teeth right into her golden years!
This is Berkeley the cat reporting in from the Animal Hospital of High Park after his FREE Senior Awareness Exam with one of our amazing technicians. He sat so well for his blood pressure reading and did his parents proud! --------- We would also like to announce that we will be extending our FREE Senior Exams for 1 more month till the end of December, due to the great response and interest from everyone! Call us at 418-763-4200 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your pet a free Senior Exam with one of our knowledgeable technicians! #vets #seniorawareness #pets #exotics #booknow #ahohp #veterinarians #cats #allpetsarefamily #
Meet Meeko, the beautiful Dutch Shepherd. A month ago, we started treating him for a serious skin condition. When we first saw him, his skin was thickened and he barely had any hair. He had been on various treatments with no lasting effect on his chronic condition. Meeko's owners said that his itching was relentless; in fact he didn't even want to play anymore.
After a thorough physical exam, discussion and careful treatment, along with his parents' incredible dedication, look at him now! He is almost fully furred, and you can actually see his lovely brindle markings! Even more importantly, he now plays, is more active and is overall much happier.
We are all absolutely thrilled with Meeko's progress. Thank you to Meeko's family for supporting him through this difficult time; we can't wait to see how he continues to improve! Go Meeko!
Here are Carrots and Sydney! These cuties came to us the other day for a checkup and bloodwork before their neuter surgery. We went over handling, feeding and other care instructions. Aria, Elsa, and Writer Out Of Residence - Kirsten Fogg, their caretakers, are doing an amazing job of keeping their precious boys healthy. Welcome to our family Carrots and Sydney!