Clicky

Rosedale Golf Club picture

Rosedale Golf Club

Golf Courses
1901 Mount Pleasant Road
Toronto Ontario M4N 2W3
(416) 485-9321
Website

Rosedale Golf Club is a private golf club in Toronto. Founded in 1893, it was originally located in Rosedale, Toronto at the site of the current Rosedale Field. In 1909, the course moved north along the Don River to its current site between the neighbourhoods of Teddington Park to the west, Lawrence Park to the south, The Bridle Path to the east and Hoggs Hollow to the north.

The club has hosted several tournaments including the Canadian Open in 1912 and 1928. In more recent years, the club has elected to only host tournaments that cause little disruption to the membership. The course record of 63 is held jointly by Greg Norman and former Rosedale assistant pro, Lorne Rowe.

The present course was initially designed by the American designer Thomas Bendelow, but within a decade was re-worked by world renowned golf course architect Donald Ross. It plays to par 71 (73 for ladies) and is 6,525 yards in length. Each hole on the course is distinctive, with water in play on 9 of the 18 holes, big elevation changes and tight, rolling fairways.

Because of its exclusivity, Rosedale has not been played by many golf writers or professionals, and therefore does not appear on many of the golf course ranking lists; however, those who have played the course rank it as one of the best "classic" golf courses in Canada.




Are you owner of this listing? Claim it now



User Reviews (0)

There is no review present!

Browse Categories
List of Categories